Here I will give all the information about Political parties in India. Total no. of parties with their symbol and foundational year. How any political party in India known as National level party and difference between state level and national level party. what are the criteria fixed by the Election commission of India?
DEFINITION OF POLITICAL PARTY- India is a democratic country There are many political parties working in India. Which is known as the multi-party system?. They have organized at the National and State level. Every political party must be registered at the Election commission of India before organize. Election commission gives a symbol to every political party as their identity. Only registered parties are upgraded on the behalf of regulation of the election commission of India.
REGISTRATION PROCESS OF POLITICAL PARTIES IN INDIA.
- Section 29A of Representation of People Act, 1951 says-Registration with the Election Commission of affiliations and bodies as political parties.
- Any affiliation or combination of individual residents of India calling itself a political party and aiming to profit itself of the arrangements of this Part might influence an application to the Election To commission for its enrollment as a political party for the reasons for this Act.
THE TOTAL NUMBER OF POLITICAL PARTIES IN INDIA ARE 2044 (ACCORDING TO ELECTION COMMISSION OF INDIA AS APRIL 2018). BUT MAJOR PARTIES WHO ARE WORKING AND POPULAR IN STATE AND NATIONAL LEVEL. THEIR LIST WITH SYMBOL IS GIVEN BELOW.
NATIONAL LEVEL POLITICAL PARTIES IN INDIA (2018 Reported by ECI).
- An enrolled party is perceived as a National Party just in the event that it satisfies any of the accompanying three conditions:
- If any political party will win 2% of seat Lok Sabha from at least 3 different states.
- IN General Election of Lok Sabha or Legislative assembly. The party polls 6% votes of four states in including to 4 Lok Sabha seats.
- A Recognized National party must be a state party in 4 states.
Recognized political parties in india.
National political parties in india with symbols and leaders
|Name||Short Name||Foundation Year||Party Supremo||Party symbol||Headquarter|
|All India Trinamool congress||TMC||1998||Mamtaa Banerjee||Flower & Grass||Kolkata (west Bengal)|
|Bahujan Samaj Party||BSP||1984||Mayawati||Elephant||New Delhi|
|Bhartiya Janta Party||BJP||1980||Jp Nadda||Lotus (kamal)||New Delhi|
|Communist Party of India||CPI||1925||D Raja||Ears of corn and sickle||New Delhi|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||CPI(M)||1964||Sitaram Yechury||Hammer sickle and star||New Delhi|
|Indian National Congress||INC||1885||Sonia Gandhi||Hand||New Delhi|
|Nationalist Congress Party||NCP||1999||Sharad Pawar||Clock||New Delhi|
STATE LEVEL POLITICAL PARTIES IN INDIA. MANY POLITICAL PARTIES ARE LIMITED IN DIFFERENT STATES.
The state-level political party has to follow the following these condition to be registered.
- 1. Any political party should be win by 3% minimum of the total no. of the seats or 3 seats in Legislative Assembly.
- 2. A Political party should win no less than 1 situate in the Lok Sabha for every 25 seats or any division there of issued to that State.
- 3. A political Party should secure no less than 6% of the aggregate votes surveyed polled the general election to a Lok Sabha or State Legislative Assembly and should, moreover, win no less than 1 Lok Sabha, and 2 Legislative Assembly seats in that election
- 4. Under the changed criteria, one more provision has been added to give that regardless of whether a Party neglects to win any seat in a State in a general election to the Lok Sabha or Legislative Assembly of the State, Political party will even now be qualified for acknowledgment as State Party on the qualify that it secures at least 8% of the total viable votes ballot in the State. As of April 13, 2018, a few political parties in India rundown given below is no more state parties.
state parties in india and thier leader with sybol and foundation year
|Aam Aadmi Party||AAP||2012||Arvind Kejriwal||Delhi, Punjab||Broom|
|All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam||AIADMK||1972||Edappadi K. Palaniswami and O. Paneerselvam||Tamil Nadu, Puducherry||Two leaves|
|All India Forward Bloc||AIFB||1939||Debabrata Biswas||West Bengal||Lion|
|All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen||AIMIM||1927||Asaduddin Owaisi||Telangana, Maharashtra||Kite|
|All India N.R. Congress||AINRC||2011||N. Rangasamy||Puducherry||Jug|
|All India United Democratic Front||AIUDF||2004||Badruddin Ajmal||Assam||Lock and key|
|All Indian Public Freedom Party||AIPFP||2016||V.Siva Kumar||Tamil Nadu||Butterfly|
|All Jharkhand Students Union||AJSU||1986||Sudesh Mahto||Jharkhand||Banana|
|Asom Gana Parishad||AGP||1985||Atul Bora||Assam||Elephant|
|Biju Janata Dal||BJD||1997||Naveen Patnaik||Odisha||Conch|
|Bodoland People’s Front||BPF||1985||Hagrama Mohilary||Assam||Nangal|
|Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam||DMDK||2005||Vijayakanth||Tamil Nadu||Nagara|
|Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam||DMK||1949||M. Karunanidhi||Tamil Nadu, Puducherry||Rising sun|
|Goa Forward Party||GFP||2016||Vijai Sardesai||Goa||Coconut|
|Hill State People’s Democratic Party||HSPDP||1968||H.S. Lyngdoh||Meghalaya||Lion|
|Indian National Lok Dal||INLD||1999||Om Prakash Chautala||Haryana||Spectacles|
|Indian Union Muslim League||IUML||1948||Panakkad Sayed Hyderali Shihab Thangal||Kerala||Ladder|
|Jammu & Kashmir National Conference||JKNC||1932||Omar Abdullah||Jammu & Kashmir||Plough|
|Jammu & Kashmir National Panthers Party||JKNPP||1982||Bhim Singh||Jammu & Kashmir||Bicycle|
|Jammu and Kashmir People’s Democratic Party||JKPDP||1998||Mehbooba Mufti||Jammu & Kashmir||Inkpot and pen|
|Janata Dal (Secular)||JD(S)||1999||H.D. Deve Gowda||Karnataka, Kerala||Lady farmer carrying paddy on her head|
|Janata Dal (United)||JD(U)||1999||Nitish Kumar||Bihar||Arrow|
|Jharkhand Mukti Morcha||JMM||1972||Shibu Soren||Jharkhand||Bow and arrow|
|Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik)||JVM(P)||2006||Babu Lal Marandi||Jharkhand||Comb|
|Karnataka Janata Paksha||KJP||2012||Padmanabha Prasanna Kumar||Karnataka||coconut|
|Kerala Congress (M)||KC(M)||1979||C.F. Thomas||Kerala||Two leaves|
|Lok Janshakti Party||LJP||2000||Ram Vilas Paswan||Bihar||Bungalow|
|Maharashtra Navnirman Sena||MNS||2006||Raj Thackeray||Maharashtra||Railway engine|
|Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party||MGP||1963||Deepak Dhavalikar||Goa||Lion|
|Marxist Forward Bloc||MFB||1953||Pratim Chatterjee||West Bengal||???|
|Mizo National Front||MNF||1959||Pu Zoramthanga||Mizoram||Star|
|Mizoram People’s Conference||MPC||1972||Pu Lalhmingthanga||Mizoram||Electric Bulb|
|Naga People’s Front||NPF||2002||T.R. Zeliang||Manipur, Nagaland||Rooster|
|National People’s Party||NPP||2013||Agatha Sangma||Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland||Book|
|Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party||NDPP||2018||Neiphiu Rio||Nagaland|
|Pattali Makkal Katchi||PMK||1989||G. K. Mani||Tamil Nadu, Puducherry||Mango|
|People’s Democratic Alliance||PDA||2012||Bd. Behring Anal||Manipur||Crown|
|People’s Party of Arunachal||PPA||1987||Tomo Riba||Arunachal Pradesh||Corn|
|Rashtriya Janata Dal||RJD||1997||Lalu Prasad Yadav||Bihar, Jharkhand||Hurricane Lamp|
|Rashtriya Lok Dal||RLD||1996||Ajit Singh||Uttar Pradesh||Hand pump|
|Rashtriya Lok Samta Party||RLSP||2013||Upendra Kushwaha||Bihar||Ceiling fan|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||RSP||1940||T. J. Chandrachoodan||Kerala, West Bengal||Spade and stoker|
|Samajwadi Party||SP||1992||Akhilesh Yadav||Uttar Pradesh||Bicycle|
|Shiromani Akali Dal||SAD||1920||Sukhbir Singh Badal||Punjab||Scale|
|Shiv Sena||SS||1966||Uddhav Thackeray||Maharashtra||Bow and arrow|
|Sikkim Democratic Front||SDF||1993||Pawan Kumar Chamling||Sikkim||Umbrella|
|Sikkim Krantikari Morcha||SKM||2013||Prem Singh Tamang||Sikkim||Table lamp|
|Telangana Rashtra Samithi||TRS||2001||Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao||Telangana, Andhra Pradesh||Car|
|Telugu Desam Party||TDP||1982||N. Chandra Babu Naidu||Andhra Pradesh, Telangana||Bicycle|
|United Democratic Party||UDP||1972||Donkupar Roy||Meghalaya||Drum|
|YSR Congress||YSRC||2011||Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy||Andhra Pradesh, Telangana||Ceiling fan|